Interview with Mercenaries Part One - Featuring Max Leadfoot, Buhhdust Princess, and Alekseyev Karrde

  • 6
I mentioned in my previous post that I had reached out to various other mercenaries in my initial research on the current state of mercenaries. I wanted to see what their perspective on the issue was, specifically from a contract numbers standpoint. When I received their replies and noticed they were all so similar, it really piqued my interest. Why? Why were all the mercenaries in the game seeing similar trends. I decided I was going to prepare a more detailed set of questions that focused on a lot more than just contract numbers, and tossed the idea out to others about doing a live session.

That idea received pretty positive responses, so I went ahead with that plan. I've never done this sort of thing before, and I have to say that there are certainly better interviewers in the EVE community, but it was a lot of fun. Most importantly, this interview showed even more similarities between the mercenary groups, spreading across multiple different sectors of space.

Have a listen and let me know what you think in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. Great Interview! Good ideas about spreading fights onto multiple grids and systems.

    Less people on killmail = less loot drop seems odd and hard to sell.

    CCP seems to be trying to balance the fact that large fights that make the news means more new subscribers vs continued subscribers having fun requires more smaller scale engagements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link to part 1 is broken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to be working for me and others. I know someone had an issue with their browser earlier, on a different interview - maybe it's something similar?

      Delete
    2. My proxy server at work, do you have a link to a download :-)

      Delete
    3. https://soundcloud.com/psianhauvyander/mercenary-interview-part-one

      Delete